Peaches are a delicious snack and a healthy alternative to chips, cookies and other sweets. Take your snack to the next level by making grilled peaches! Read below for a simple, few-ingredient recipe to make any day of the week.
Grilled Peaches Ingredients
Makes 8 servings
- 4 peaches, halved and pits removed
- 1 tablespoon honey (or other sticky sweetener as desired, e.g. maple syrup)
- juice of half a lemon
- water, as desired
- honey to drizzle
- mascarpone, for serving if desired
- fresh mint, for serving
Grilled Peaches Directions
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high (best as a simple dessert when you already have your grill going).
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and lemon juice, adding water to thin out as desired.
- Brush the peach halves with the honey mixture.
- Place the peach halves on the grill and wait for grill marks to appear and for the peaches to soften slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately, topping as desired with mascarpone, mint and honey (or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!)
About Loni & Leah:
Click here for more recipes by Loni and Leah!
Loni has a culinary certificate from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts, as well as a B.S. in Nutrition from Boston University. When she isn’t cooking with Leah, she is changing the lives of young cooks at Future Chefs and Beaver Country Day Camp.
Leah is a graduate student of Boston University, working on her M.S. in Dietetics with the Dietetic Internship. In addition to training for the Boston Marathon, she is also teaching fitness classes at the Cambridge Athletic Club.
How did Loni and Leah meet? Loni and Leah volunteered together in a six-week Cooking Matters class. They connected right away over delicious food and pink wine. They currently teach a series of healthy cooking classes at the Boston Center for Adult Education, which have been featured in the Boston Globe’s “Weekend to Do List.” You can find their recipes on the Boston Center for Adult Education’s blog and in the American Dietetic Association’s Eat Right Newsletter.
Want more in Cambridge? You can catch us at the Boston Center for Adult Education all year long!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter: